Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  I especially want to wish Margaret (my mom), Karen (my mom-in-law) and Marianne (my step-mom) a beautiful day.  And I also want to wish a happy day to all of my mom friends.  I think that no matter how many kids we have, or how we came to be mothers, once you become a mom you join an amazing group of women. 

I don't know what I would do without my mom friends.  When I am full to bursting with the gifts of raising three girls, or down in the dumps feeling like a failure, my friends are right there with me.  How could I do this job without these women in my life?  Becoming a mother has given me the "opportunity" to feel every emotion in the entire range of human emotions--sometimes all in one day!  Honestly I think it's a job that pushes us into bi-polar behavior.  Or maybe that's just me. 

I do know that I am blessed with many mommy friends who share this journey with me.  It truly takes a village to raise children, but not in the way I initially thought.  It takes a village because we are in this tough job together, and supporting one another is how we keep some semblance of sanity for ourselves.  On this day, I enjoy being reminded of the ties that bind us.  We celebrate this incredible life role and know that it is the most worthy, the most fulfilling and also the hardest job on the planet. 

And a huge note of thanks to Brian, the guy who shares all of this with me and gave me a beautiful day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment