Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Lily


The rain came in today as promised.  It is gray and gloomy outside and I am feeling strangely content with it.  I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest so I think it is in my genetic coding to yearn for some rain come Fall.  I've mourned the end of summer and I'm ready to settle in for this next season.

But just to add some color to this otherwise gray day, I'm posting a picture of one of my new lilies.  It's a bit of a Costco miracle actually!!  I bought a bag of lily bulbs last Spring--truly could not walk by the stand of bulbs without grabbing a bag.  I brought them home and promptly forgot them in my garage until about July.  Amazingly, a few of them survived and are now filling my garden with the unmistakable, sweet smell of lilies.  This double 'Stargazer' oriental lily is really stunning.

And even though I am content with some rain, our poor goats are not.  They hate rain.  This morning we looked out our kitchen window to find them in their usual rainy day poses.  They look just like any other kids, all cooped up on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment