Sunday, February 27, 2011

Return to Home, Writing and Cold!



Such a warm picture!  So different from the view out my window right now...




I should probably explain were I have been!  We went to Kauai, Hawaii for a week of vacation--just got back last Wednesday--and it was amazing.  I have never been to a tropical climate before and it's hard to imagine that such a beautiful, warm island actually exists.  Especially as we are now back on our very cold, somewhat snowy island in the Puget Sound.

Both islands are very lush and green but that is about where the similarities end.  I am so grateful for the warmth we felt last week.  It was such a nice respite.  Winter is definitely still here on Bainbridge and it looks like it is going to stay for a while.  My hope of an early Spring is fading with each weather report.

I will have more to share on the subject of tropical plants in my next post.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment