Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

As I work in the garden, I am almost always inspired by something.  Sometimes its the tiny droplets of water lit up in an unexpected ray of sunshine, or suddenly seeing a tree frog right next to where I am working.  And for a moment, I pause what I am doing.

But this past winter was a very long, cold one, and seeing how little I posted to this blog shows me how little I was inspired.  Or at least how little time I had to write about what inspired me :).  But Spring--at least our soggy Northwest variety of Spring--has finally come and everything seems to be blooming all at once.

With such beautiful blooms all around me, I am finally compelled to pause...

I'd like to say that I am always present to the nature around me, but that isn't the case.  I have three busy adolescent daughters....need I say more?  Throw in a husband who works shift work, a calendar filled with volunteer commitments, family commitments and work, and a hefty does of female hormones and my brain hums along at full speed.  So like every other working mom I know, I race through my daily tasks--not really a recipe for a healthy, balanced life!  But this small act of stopping what I'm doing, and truly seeing something, gives my brain a chance to cease its incessant worrying and planning.

I am grateful for the respite the garden offers.  


A few snapshots of my daily breaks....

























No comments:

Post a Comment