Sunday, November 14, 2010

Almost First Frost


The girls are abuzz with the hope of a snowy winter.  You all know I'm a huge Cliff Mass fan, and according to him we are going to have a colder, wilder winter.  He has lots of charts and graphs to support this, but even though he hasn't said we are going to have snow exactly, the girls are ever hopeful.


We haven't had our first frost yet, but when I stepped outside a couple of mornings ago, it felt wintry.  The water droplets on the each plant looked a little icy.  Almost sparkly.


And I am just as hopeful.  I love a winter garden with icy branches, frozen berries, and a bit of snow on the ground.  In the northwest we so frequently have a winter of gray, rainy skies--completely depressing.  So, I too hope that Cliff is right, and we get a real winter.  For now we at least have the hope of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment