Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fog Cathedral

Yesterday morning, I was given a view that was so beautiful, it literally stopped me in my tracks.  We've been having some gorgeous Fall days this week.  Foggy mornings that burn off to crisp, blue sky days, and nights resplendent with a full moon and bright stars.

I was working down by the water and most of the fog had burned off.  But as I walked up the drive to the upper garden, the sun was shining through the woods and the last bits of mist.  With the sun as a backlight, the tree suddenly looked luminous, with the rays of sunshine dispersing around it like a star. I didn't have my camera, so my cell phone picture, though poor in quality, will have to do. But even so, I'm not sure I could have captured the beauty or the peace of this fog cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment